TO ADVANCE THE INTERESTS OF THE PHILIPPINES AND THE FILIPINO PEOPLE IN THE WORLD COMMUNITY.
THE DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS is the prime agency of government responsible for the pursuit of the State's foreign policy and the nerve center for a Foreign Service worthy of the trust and pride of every Filipino.
We are an organization of competent, dedicated and highly motivated personnel, who devote their energies to the benefit of the Filipino people.
We implement foreign policy with the highest standards of professionalism and commitment.
We pursue bilateral, regional and multilateral relations to advance the interest of the Philippines and the Filipinos.
We build partnerships with national security and development agencies, think-tanks and the academe, the private sector, the media and civil society in the interest of the nation and the people.
We endeavor to promote regional and global cooperation in order to achieve peace, prosperity and stability.
In the global arena, we work for social justice especially for the poor, human rights and fundamental freedoms, and a democratic way of life.
We are committed to secure a world free from serious environmental degradation, transnational crime and proliferation of nuclear weapons.
Our missions abroad are the partners of Filipinos overseas in the pursuit of the national interest and in the promotion and protection of their rights and well-being.
We have highly responsive system, which ensures effective delivery of services.
Our personnel are our greatest asset. We are committed to the personal, professional and career development of each employee.
In pursuit of our goals, we strive for and live by the principles of excellence, integrity and patriotism.
- To contribute to the enhancement of national security and the protection of the territorial integrity and national sovereignty;
- To participate in the national endeavor to sustain development and to enhance the Philippines' competitive edge in a global milieu;
- To protect the rights and promote the welfare of Filipinos overseas and to mobilize them as partners in national development;
- To project a positive image of the Philippines;
- To increase international understanding of Philippine culture for mutually-beneficial relations with other countries; and,
- To increase and maximize human, financial, technological and other resources to optimize the performance of the Department.